Dermalogica x Stars Foundation
Dermalogica’s partnership with Stars is supporting the organisation’s expansion into Western Australia, with new programs being developed and the number of girls being supported increasing by more than 1200 during 2021. It is also contributing directly to Stars Foundation’s work with First Nations young women on the ground, providing assistance with skincare education, career mentoring and employment programs.
about Stars Foundation
Stars Foundation’s mission is to level the gender inequity in funding for mentoring programs supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
The program is tailored to meet the unique needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander girls and young women – with the aim of promoting positive education, employment, and life outcomes.
The Stars model is underpinned by the latest research in education and public health, along with decades of experience working with First Nations students.
Stars operates on a full-time basis within partner schools to provide a culturally safe, nurturing environment in a dedicated ‘Stars Room’.
what we've done so far
education and support for a brighter future
- Our support of this program will assist the Stars expansion to an additional 20 Star Rooms and increase the number of students +200 additional girls educated in 2021.
- We have a bespoke program to assist with skincare education, career mentoring and employment pathways into the Professional Skincare Therapy Industry. And we will work with Stars Foundation to raise awareness of the importance of education of First Nation young women.
- To date Dermalogica have raised $19,000 from a number of successful initiatives and look to continue to raise funds and further support the Stars Foundation initiative moving into 2022.
discover healthy skin kit x Stars Foundation
- Dermalogica Australia is proud to announce our commitment to ‘making her future bright’ by partnering with the Stars Foundation and donating $1 from our ever-popular Discover Healthy Skin Kit, now on sale online and at all retail locations. $1 from each kit sold will aid Stars Foundation’s overall efforts to educate and empower Indigenous girls and young women.
- In addition, the kits will allow Stars Foundation to implement a skin health elective within their existing curriculum and activities.
- Now available online and at all Dermalogica Australian retail locations.