The skin around your eyes is some of the thinnest on your entire body – and as such, needs more care and attention.
Making certain lifestyle changes like drinking more water and getting enough sleep each night can help reduce eye puffiness.
Look for ingredients like caffeine and peptides in your eye treatments.
We’ve all heard that age-old saying, “The eyes are the window to the soul,” but what about when they’re looking and feeling puffier than we’d prefer? Even though drifting off to sleep for a blissed-out eight hours a night sounds wonderful, there may be evenings where that just doesn’t happen – which is just one of the reasons you may wake up with puffy or swollen eyes. Let’s review what some of the common causes for eye puffiness, along with the products that can help.
The skin around your eyes is the most delicate not just on your face, but on almost your entire body. Puffy and swollen eyes can be caused by a variety of factors in everyday life – but you can make some significant changes to help reduce them over time, including:
- Getting more sleep each night: aim for 6-8 hours a
- Applying sunscreen: it is important to wear SPF every single
- Drinking more water: staying hydrated is key to helping decrease the puffiness around your Aim for eight glasses of water a day.
tools and techniques
Using different tools and holistic techniques can help to reduce eye puffiness and swelling. Utilising cold rollers or performing lymphatic drainage on the thin, delicate skin around your eyes can help reduce that puffiness, and can also help with:
- Reducing fat accumulation around the eyes
- Soothe inflammation and chronic low-grade swelling that sometimes develops with
- Bringing hydration back to the under-eye
- Improving the barrier function of the skin around the eyes, which helps decrease the look of crow’s feet, fine lines and
Are you wondering how to reduce the appearance of puffy eyes with certain ingredients in your skin care regimen? There are certain active ingredients that can aid in reducing periorbital puffiness and energise your under-eye area, including:
- Caffeine: it stimulates circulation and is known to have anti-inflammatory
- Peptides: the building blocks of collagen, which help keep your skin firm and
- Hyaluronic Acid: its moisture-retaining properties can help hydrate the under-eye
best eye treatments to reduce puffy eyes
Awaken Peptide Eye Gel reduces puffiness and fine lines for a more well- rested look. This lightweight, firming and hydrating eye gel hydrates, firms and smooths the delicate skin around the eyes, minimising fine lines and wrinkles while reducing eye puffiness in 10 minutes and overtime. A highly active blend with Tetrapeptides and soothing Rosemary Leaf Extract minimise the appearance of puffiness and fine lines.
Bioengineered Succinic Acid blend supports a more radiant appearance. Voandzeia Subterranea Seed Extract leaves skin smoother and more luminous.
best for: daily use
Stress Positive Eye Lift is a high-performance eye masque that energizes skin to reduce visible signs of stress. The active, cooling-cream gel is formulated with Sea Water Extract and Arctic Algae to counter the look of puffiness.
best for: weekly treatments